Borrowing Privileges for Goldstein Materials
|Undergraduate Students||Graduate Students||Faculty Members|
|General Collection (including media)||4 weeks||8 weeks||16 weeks|
|Reference||1 day||1 day||1 day|
|Periodicals (bound)||1 day||1 day||1 day|
|Periodicals (current)||2 day||2 days||2 days|
|Reserve||2 hours||2 hours||2 hours|
SPECIAL NOTES FOR DISTANCE STUDENTS:
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service where a student, faculty, or staff of Florida State University may obtain books or obtain photocopies of articles from other institutions.
- You may request non-FSU library materials online through ILLIAD, which is the electronic system software. The loan period is determined by the lending library. The lending library determines renewals.
- When you establish your ILLIAD account, select the following options so you receive the correct items as quickly as possible:
- EMAIL ADDRESS: Enter your FSU email or you will not receive electronic documents.
- MAILING ADDRESS/CITY/STATE: Keep this current yourself. The ILLIAD software is not updated by the FSU registrar’s system. Interlibrary loans are sent to the address you list in ILLIAD. If you have an incorrect address you are required to pay replacement cost for the materials that were sent to incorrect address and lost.
- STATUS: Select “Distance Learner” as your status. This tells ILL that you are not on campus. Your requests will not be returned when the item shows AVAILABLE in the online catalog.
Eligible State University students, staff and faculty can request books from among 37 state university library branches throughout Florida, and have them delivered to one of 33 locations.
You will see a UBORROW sign when you have a item record displayed that you can click and follow the steps to request a material. It takes 5-6 days to have your request delivered to any of the above mentioned 33 locations. The loan period for any Uborrow materials is 30 days and after that they can be renewed once.
If an item is currently unavailable at any state university library, the patron is notified and provided a link to easily forward the request to their local traditional ILL service.